Monday, March 16, 2009

before.... after....before....after....

SO up until now before/after has eluded me. It is a feature in Lightroom that I just didn't understand. Not that's it complicated, just new and scary....

Situation:

I am working on a photo and I want to see what it looked like from the start I would just go to my history panel and click on the the first history state. Until I realized all needed to do is press \ in Develop module and tada! I could toggle between before and after....

But what if I didn't want the before to go to the original history state but the 2nd or 3rd. I would go over to the history panel and right click on the last history state that I wanted to include, and click the "copy history step settings to before" now when ever I click on \ it will take me to that time in history to compare with my present version. This is useful when I have synchronized settings with multiple images and want to keep those changes when I am looking at before/after views of an individual image. This is on way to do it and have found this to be the quickest one for me.

You can do the before/after with 2up with the shortcut Y. But that is another post.

Paul Weinrauch
303-909-1059
www.rockprinting.com

No comments: