Saturday, March 28, 2009

update images....

So I knew about this feature but had forgotten....

If you are working in Lightroom, export the file, set up the post-processing to open in Photoshop it will open up in Photoshop. Which is great! Especially when I am working on an album.

But what happens when you are working on an image and realize you wanted to make a few more changes in Lightroom?

Without closing the file in Photoshop, you can go into Lightroom make additional changes and export again. What happens then amazed me the first time, I thought Photoshop would crash or open 2 files that were the same, but instead it told me that the image had been updated and if I wanted to update the current file with the changes.

This is really helpful if I have multiple files open , for example, realize I had the wrong color temp and need to change them all. It seems to make my workflow smoother and I seem to screw up less.


Paul Weinrauch
www.weinrauchphotography.com
www.weinrauchphoto.com
www.rockprinting.com
www.weinrauch.blogspopt.com

No comments: