Sunday, April 6, 2008

Where was I.... mmm cameras....

So I thought I would use this week to tell you some of my equipment that I use and if it was worth every penny(or at least a few pennies)....

I use the Canon 5d and the Mark II. These cameras are both amazing but have found there are some huge differences. the biggest ones being limited AF points and reaction time when I click the shutter button on the 5D. I never thought having more AF points would matter, but it does. I don't know how many times I have had my 5d on a tripod and had to manually focus because there wasn't an AF point where I needed one.

The reaction time isn't fast enough for me especially after using the Mark II because getting the decisive moment is so much easier with a faster camera. I almost have to anticipate the moment with the 5d. So if I had more money (don't most of us wish, think of all the gear I could buy *ponders*) I would have bought 2 of the same cameras. Even though they are both Canons they both have a different layout and feel. When I am shooting a wedding and switching between cameras, it takes a moment to acclimate myself to the camera and even then I will still hit the wrong button during that decisive moment.

On another note: I will have a booth at a Bridal Show on April 12th at the The Chateaux at Fox Meadows.

Photoshop tip:
This is one of the most important tips I can share with you if you print in-house. Before you print any image always add a curves and click on options and set your White and black point. You should always test to see what a papers black and white point are. This way when you print you are printing the most detail you can out of any print.
For example:
If the shadow area is clipping when sent to a printer but there is detail in that area on your monitor, you can set the clipping points in curves, and the detail in the shadow area will then print( image on monitor will look flatter). I iuncluded an image so you can see where this dialog box is.

No comments: